FaceTime for Mac is a free audio and video calling application that allows you to keep in touch with your friends and family members. It works by establishing a connection between two supported devices. FaceTime for Mac calls can be placed from devices that supported FaceTime calls to any phone number or email address registered with the FaceTime service. A single email address can be registered to multiple devices and a call placed to that email address rings all devices simultaneously. Using FaceTime for Mac, you can make audio or video calls up to 32 people at a time and even receive calls to your computer when you are away from your phone.
|FaceTime for Mac|
The great thing about FaceTime for Mac it is completely free to use because it uses Wi-Fi or cellular data. The person you call should also log in to FaceTime and if they are on the Mac, they must have FaceTime open.
Also Check: Facetime for pc
Requirements for a FaceTime video call on Mac:
- Good internet connection with download and upload speeds of at least 128 kbps.
- A built-in or externally connected camera (Mac Book and iMacs come with a built-in camera, but you need to purchase it separately for Mac mini and mac pro)
- A microphone (most Macs have them, but you can also plug in a headset with a mic for better quality.
- Apple ID for FaceTime login.
How to download and install FaceTime for Mac?:
Step 1: Go to the App Store on Mac and search for FaceTime in the search box of the App Store.
|FaceTime for Mac|
Step 2: FaceTime and the related applications will be displayed on the screen. You need to choose the appropriate app from the list.
Step 3: Just click the FaceTime app and then click the install button.
|FaceTime for Mac|
Step 4: Now the FaceTime will be downloaded and directly installed on your Mac book. And simply follow the on-screen instructions to properly install it.
Step 5: After completing the installation process, simply click the app icon to launch it. That’s all, now you can enjoy sharing files with your friends or family members using FaceTime for Mac
How to set up FaceTime for Mac:
- Open the FaceTime app on your Mac by clicking on the FaceTime icon in the menu bar.
- Click the ‘Turn ON’ button, If FaceTime is not already turned on.
- Now the software will ask you to log in with your Apple ID, then you need to type the password of your choice.
- Select the preferred option to determine how and by whom you can be reached on FaceTime. This allows you to determine whether all email addresses linked to your Apple account should be used for FaceTime.
- If you want to add an email address to the list, click on the system preference button, and then go to iCloud >> Account Details >> Contacts, and press the Plus (+) icon.
- You can deselect any email address you don’t want to be used to call you on FaceTime preferences.
Also Check: Facetime For Android
How to make calls on FaceTime for Mac:
Click the gray entry bar which appears on the top of the screen and start typing the contacts name, phone number or email of the person who you would like to FaceTime call. If you want to call using your voice only, you can click the ‘Audio’ button and if you want to call using video, click the ‘video’ button. Once you are on a call with one or more people, you can do anything like it allows you to change your view of the call, pause the call, mute or change the volume of the call, add contacts and add more callers to a group FaceTime call.
|How To Mac Facetime For Mac|
If you need to get a group of people together be it family meetings or business meetings you can use group FaceTime. It allows for up to 32 participants in the same active video chat. To make a group FaceTime call on Mac, enter contact details (contacts name, phone number or email address) of all the people you want to group FaceTime by separating it in commas or you can select each one individually from contacts.
|FaceTime for Mac group call|
If you want to add one more participant on the Group during an active call, click on the lower-left corner of the window to show the sidebar. A list of participants will appear on the left side and at the bottom find plus (+) icon to add another caller. Type their name, phone number or email address and click ‘Add’ at the bottom of the screen.
Here are some tricks to use FaceTime for Mac for a better experience:
- When you get a call from an iPhone or iPad, the call window on your Mac rotates if the caller changes the orientation of his device. You are not going to rotate the Mac-like one of those handled devices, nut you can still change the orientation that the caller sees.
- You can make the video call bigger by choosing a zoom option. Just reselect the zoom option to change to the standard size window.
- You can expand it by dragging the window edge and you can go full screen during a call.
- In the Recent list, click the circled right arrow next to a caller’s name or number. In the next screen, click Create New Contact or Add to Existing Contact. Click Add to Favorites to make the caller a favorite, and choose the appropriate phone number to use.
- You can list any of the e-mail accounts you’re using for FaceTime as the Caller ID account that the people you’re calling will see. To change to a different account, open FaceTime Preferences, click the right-pointing arrow in the field showing your current Caller ID account, and click any of the other accounts you have associated with FaceTime to select one of them.
FaceTime for Mac is an excellent application that will certainly be a great way to communicate between your Mac and friends or family members using Apple devices. It gives you a very smooth, simple and comfortable video call experience.
Related to facetime for mac:
- facetime on mac not working.
- how to reinstall facetime on mac.
- why can't I facetime on my mac?
- how to receive facetime calls on mac.
- group facetime on mac.
- group facetime not working on a mac.
- how to update facetime on mac.
- how to join group facetime on mac.